Membership of the ESIL is open to all those with an interest in international law who are interested in contributing to the realisation of the goals of the Society. There are no limitations of nationality or qualification.
Membership of the European Society of International Law entitles you to:
- An optional subscription to the European Journal of International Law (four issues per year)
- Full participation in ESIL events, with reduced registration fees for ESIL members
- Eligibility to join ESIL Interest Groups and to participate in their activities
- Participation in the election of office-holders of the Society
- Regular Newsletters and e-mail updates on the activities of the Society
Please note: the first issue of the European Journal of International Law is circulated in March or April each year.
Membership of the society is for the calendar year (January to December) regardless of the date of joining the society. All members joining / renewing their membership of ESIL between 1 November and 31 December will be accorded membership for the following year.
There are five categories of membership: ESIL Patron, Regular member, 5-year Regular member, Retired member, and Student member.
Fees for 2013 are: ESIL Patron € 500; Regular member € 115 or € 500 for a 5-year membership from 2013 to 2017 inclusive; Retired member € 85; Student member € 60.
All members are requested to complete the Membership Registration Form each year so that we have your current contact details. When you submit the form, the payment options are explained. If you have any problems completing the Membership Registration Form or paying your membership fee, please write to Ms. Joyce Davies, the Society's Administrative Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org