WHO CAN JOIN? Membership of the European Society of International Law is open to all those with an interest in international law who are interested in contributing to the realisation of the goals of the Society. There are no limitations of nationality or qualification.
HOW TO JOIN / RENEW MEMBERSHIP: All members should REGISTER ONLINE, indicating their membership status. The new ESIL membership system was introduced in January 2015. The first time you use the new online system, you should create an account. If you have already created an account, you simply log in, check that the details are still correct, and pay your membership fee. (Fees can be paid by credit card or by bank transfer). If you have any questions about your membership which are not answered on this webpage, please contact the ESIL Secretariat.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- You are informed about all ESIL events.
- You are offered reduced registration fees at ESIL annual conferences.
- You can join ESIL Interest Groups and participate in their activities, or you can set up a new group. (All members are asked to indicate the groups they belong to in their online membership account).
- You will receive a subscription to the European Journal of International Law (four issues per year); the subscription includes the online version of the journal plus access to the EJIL app which allows you to read the journal on your mobile devices. Oxford University Press (OUP) will provide instructions to access the online subscription and the EJIL app. (Note: There may be a delay of 3-4 weeks whilst this is set up). The print edition of the Journal is available to ESIL members at a special reduced price. If you wish to find out more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will receive quarterly ESIL Newsletters, regular ESIL Reflections, and monthly ESIL Updates by email.
- You can post Announcements on the ESIL website to share information with other members about conferences, workshops, new courses, summer schools, research posts, etc.
- You can participate in the election of office-holders of the Society and, after one year of membership, you are eligible to stand for election to the Board.
Membership of the society is for the calendar year (January to December), regardless of the date of joining the society. All members joining / renewing their membership of ESIL between 1 November and 31 December will be accorded membership for the following year.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST? There are four categories of membership: Lifetime member, Regular member, Retired member, and Student member.
Fees for January – December 2016
- Regular membership: € 115
- Regular membership for retired persons: € 85
- Student membership*: € 30
- 5-year regular membership from January 2016 to December 2020: € 500 (you save € 75)
* Student membership is open to those who are studying at undergraduate or postgraduate level or studying for a Ph.D.
Please see the ESIL webpage for further information about lifetime membership
NEW EMAIL? If you change your email address at any time, please inform the ESIL Secretariat. You should also update your online account.
CHANGE OF MAILING ADDRESS? If you wish to change your mailing address after you have paid for a print subscription of the European Journal of International Law, please send an email to Oxford University Press. (Include your subscription number if you know it).