WHO CAN JOIN?
Membership of the European Society of International Law is open to all those with an interest in international law who are interested in contributing to the realisation of the goals of the Society. There are no limitations of nationality or qualification.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Membership of the European Society of International Law entitles you to:
- An optional subscription to the European Journal of International Law which includes both the print version and the online version (four issues per year)
- Full participation in ESIL events, with reduced registration fees for ESIL members
- Eligibility to join ESIL Interest Groups and to participate in their activities
- Participation in the election of office-holders of the Society
- Quarterly Newsletters, ESIL Reflections, and e-mail updates on the activities of the Society
Please note: the first issue of the European Journal of International Law is circulated in March or April each year.
Membership of the society is for the calendar year (January to December) regardless of the date of joining the society. All members joining / renewing their membership of ESIL between 1 November and 31 December will be accorded membership for the following year.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
There are four categories of membership: Lifetime member, Regular member, Retired member, and Student member.
Fees for 2015:
Regular membership: € 115
5-year regular membership from 2015 to 2019 inclusive; € 500
Regular membership for retired persons: € 85
Student membership*, with an EJIL subscription: € 60
Student membership*, without an EJIL subscription: € 30
* Student membership is open to those members who are studying at undergraduate or postgraduate level or studying for a Ph.D.
HOW TO JOIN / RENEW MEMBERSHIP:
All members are requested to complete the Membership Registration Form each year so that we have your current contact details. When you submit the form, payment options are explained. You can pay via the online payment system or you can send a bank transfer to this account:
Account name: European University Institute
Bank: Cassa di Risparmio di Firenze
Bank address: Via Bufalini 4, 50122 Firenze, Italy
IBAN code: IT35O0616002800000000577C75 (fifth character is a letter 'O' and not a number)
SWIFT / BIC code: CRFIIT3F
Please write 'ESIL membership fee' and your name on the transfer. If you have a receipt of payment, please email it to email@example.com.
If you have any questions about the Membership Registration Form or about paying your membership dues, please write to Ms. Joyce Davies, the Society's Administrative Director.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS?
If you wish to change your mailing address after you have subscribed to the European Journal of International Law, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (include your subscription number if you know it).
If you change your email address, just send an email to email@example.com so that ESIL correspondence reaches your new email.